Saturday, August 24, 2013

I've Earned My Ears!

Since my last post was about training and my experience with that, I am now here to inform you all that I have finally EARNED MY EARS!!!! No more training for me! Today was my first day working by myself and I can't sit here and tell you that it was a breeze, because it was rocky in some parts, but I'm learning. Since International Gateway is another entrance into Epcot, at World Traveler we deal with A LOT of package pick-ups and shipping. We also rent strollers, ECV's, wheelchairs, and lockers. When a guests comes in the store and wants to ship something back home, or send their bags and purchases to their resort, a whole process accommodates that. And it is lengthy and time consuming. I'm not going to get into the details, but I will say that I believe Disney is a wonderful company, but they could make that process MUCH easier. Needless to say, my little shop is constantly busy in some sort of way. The guest interaction is great (minus the snoody, picky, guests that can come by) and the time goes by pretty quickly, which is a good thing!

__________________________

Yesterday after I got home from work, Elizabeth and I decided that we all needed a good meal and we wanted to watch the fireworks. What did we come up with? We all went to the Polynesian resort and ate dinner at Kona. It. Was. Fab. I got their Asian stir-fry and it was great! Afterwards we watched "Wishes" on the beach. The view was fabulous as well. The Grand Floridian was to our left, and the Contemporary was to our right, with Magic Kingdom and the Castle straight ahead. As many times as I have visited WDW, I have never watched the fireworks outside of the park, and now I highly recommend it to anyone.


__________________________

Wednesday, since I had the day off, Elizabeth, Morgan, and I headed to Epcot to thoroughly enjoy World Showcase. We went through every country, every gift shop, and ate dinner in Japan. There were so many goodies that I wanted to buy in each of the shops, but I refrained. We also met several characters including Princess Aurora, Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto. It was a great day off! (pics are on my Facebook)
__________________________

Tomorrow I have work at 4:15, but Elizabeth, Allie, and I are going to Animal Kingdom early in the morning. Having the closing shifts aren't so bad when you can go play in the parks before work!







No comments:

Post a Comment