Monday, September 2, 2013

Hank comes to visit!

I'm starting to get into the swing of things and a normal work schedule, which is really good. I kind of have an idea of what days I will be off each week, too. Work is going so well and I really love all of my managers, leaders, and co-workers or co-"cast members" ha! We have all become such good friends. I have become really close with my Australian friend, as I call her, haha. Her name is Jess! She is super sweet and she is always trying to imitate my southern accent...it's pretty comical. I have learned so many things about her culture and it is so neat. I constantly get asked the question from guests, "Where are you from?" because of my accent and people do NOT understand my name. They don't get how I have two names, or they think that they accidentally put my last name on my name tag. Nope...it's just a double name.

Being able to watch IllumiNations every single night is such a dream come true. I still get chills every time I watch it. The store is super slow when the show is going on, so we will usually step outside and enjoy the view. It's great!

But on to my main point of this post..... Hank came to visit me this weekend!!! We had so much fun playing in the parks. When he arrived on Friday, I went and picked him up from the airport and then we headed to check-in at the resort. Unfortunately, I had to work at 4:00 that day and so he just chilled at the hotel and watched football. Saturday we hit the ground running and started the day off at Animal Kingdom. AK is Hank's favorite park. We met some characters and ate at one of our favorite restaurants in all of WDW, Yak & Yeti. We also went to see Festival of the Lion King. As we were walking in, a cast member stopped us and asked if we would follow her. She took us to the very front row that only consisted of about 3 seats. One of the performers asked Hank to stand up and say his name, and to lead the warthog section. It was hilarious and Hank actually had to make a warthog noise in the microphone :/ We were so close to the performers that we felt like we were actually in the show. Once we decided to leave AK, I was tired from working the closing shift the previous night and Hank was tired from his 5am flight, so we headed back to the hotel and took a short nap, then headed to Epcot for our dinner reservations at Tokyo Dining. It. Was. Phenomenal. The food and atmosphere was so amazing! Hank got the salmon and I had the tempura dinner, which consisted of tempura shrimp, chicken, and vegetables. Yum! Afterwards, we walked around World Showcase and we also stopped by my shop so that he could meet my new friends and check out where I am working. Then it was time to head to Magic Kingdom to catch the fireworks and the parade. Magic Kingdom was open until 3:00 am (Extra Magic Hours), but we couldn't make it. We decided to head back around 1:30 am. The next morning we had breakfast reservations at The Polynesian Resort. It was a character breakfast so we got to meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. Pluto tried to steal our bacon! We headed back to the hotel because Hank had to get packed up to head back home. I was sad to see him go, but he will be making many more visits to WDW! I also can't wait for all of my other family members to come and visit, too!

Here are some photos from this weekend :)












No comments:

Post a Comment